On a Saturday night, who doesn’t fancy some tortilla chips with a tasty dip? You don’t? Well you can tune out now if you don’t! For the rest of you, here’s my favourite recipe for a tasty hummus dip, that will save you lots of wasted calories and unhealthy ingredients that off-the-shelf dips are often guilty of containing.
This is literally a 2 minute recipe, all you have to do is get the ingredients out of the fridge/cupboard, wash and chop them, chuck them into the blender and blitz.
- 1 orange bell pepper, washed, cored & roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, washed & trimmed
- 1 200g / 8oz can chickpeas in water, drained
- 1 heaped tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ to ½ tsp. ground cumin (adjust to taste)
- ½ to 1 tsp. garlic powder, or ½ to 1 tsp. minced garlic (adjust to taste)
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on medium/high speed until smooth.
Simple as that! Dip your favourite chips into it, knowing that you have added decent amount of proteins and healthy fats to your Saturday night treat, and have also cut out any artificial ingredients that are often contained in commercially produced dips.