Here it is! The recipe I’ve been teasing you all with a picture of this week. These cookies are moist but slightly crumbly, sweet but slightly savoury and a whole lot of delicious! I’ve taste tested them on 3 people and as they’ve chewed into the cookie each person has had a similar reaction… “ooh, interesting… nice… ooh coconut… oh wait a minute… peanut… mmm… different… I like them!”. So I’m reporting that as a successful taste test and so now I present to you… Peanut Butter & Coconut Cookies.
I won’t beat around the bush with this one, I’ll just dive straight in with the recipe and pictures. Hopefully you will be drooling over the photos so much that you will definitely want to make these. And then you will taste what all the fuss is about for yourself.
Ingredients: (makes about 6 medium sized cookies – double recipe if you have a larger family!)
- 1/2 banana, mashed up with a fork
- 1 tbsp. organic runny honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, I used crunchy so that the final cookies would have little peanut bits in them
- 12 Vanilla Stevia Drops (see pic right) OR 1 tbsp. stevia powder plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 12 dark chocolate drops to decorate (optional) (more…)