Last night I came to a realisation… I have just made myself a cookbook that I absolutely LOVE! And I don’t mean that in the way it sounds – I’m not bragging about its beauty, its design or the sheer number of pages, recipes and photographs inside, I mean I love it because I now have a cookbook that I love ALL the recipes in, and it is already becoming my go-to place when deciding what to make for dinner.
Take last night, now that I have ALMOST finished cooking for the book, I got to do something rare – make whatever I wanted and NOT photograph it, and best of all NOT eat it luke warm! So I was like a child in a toyshop, flicking through all the great recipes, seeing which one took my fancy, and it turned out that Thai Style Prawns was my dish of choice! It’s quite a while since I cooked it for the book and back even then I remember running around the house declaring how amazing the taste was, so it was nice to be able to make it for myself again, and sit down and enjoy it HOT! And it didn’t disappoint. In fact I shall be having the same thing again tonight it was so good.
So you see, getting together this collection of clean-eating recipes has been not only something for others to enjoy, but for me to enjoy too! Love it.
Anyway, on to what should have been the main topic today (sorry about the distraction above!), my testers have been testing my recipes out and have started to come back to me with reviews… and the good news is… everyone has loved what they have made up to now! Here are some of my lovely testers’ thoughts on their selected recipes:
- Tania M made my Caribbean Style Chicken and said, “just made your meal and OMG…..so amazingly delicious!!!!! I am not a very good cook at all but this turned out so good and looked like it was straight from a gourmet resteraunt!! This is definitely going in my binder of recipes to have again!!”
- Nancy B tried the Vegetarian Curry and said, “it was quite delicious! I am a decent cook but get stuck in a rut and don’t try new recipes or use a lot of spice – probably why I have gotten a little bored with my clean eating :0) I LOVED all the flavor in the recipe!”
- Nikki T sampled the Apple Spiced Breakfast Bake and said, “This was really easy to make and smelt and tasted great. I loved the look of the recipe, everything was set out well and easy on the eye. I will definitely be making this recipe again. I was really impressed with the layout, I work for a book publishers so was impressed with how professional it looked, many ebooks such as these can look quite basic. The photographs looked great, the food looked very appetising and immediately made you want to make it. It smelt gorgeous when I got it out of the oven, I loved the texture – it was just like bread pudding.”
- Shannon M cooked the Frittata with Cottage Cheese and reported, “I loved it. It was absolutely delicious. It was so easy to make and I loved that it has such a high protein content because as a vegetarian those dishes are hard to find without consuming a ton of carbs along with it. It’s a very versatile dish as well, the fact that it can be whipped up in short order for any meal of the day means it’s going to become a staple for sure. The photographs are gorgeous and the food looks so yummy. I love the colors that you’ve chosen, the layout and the style. It looks fantastic. I love that I can see the actual dish while I am prepping my own, that’s great. Nutritional information was awesome, I could see what I was going to be consuming and there was no guilt whatsoever! The finished dish didn’t taste at all like “health-food” as you know some healthy recipes can be terribly bland. I also love that this dish can be breakfast, lunch or dinner!”
- Sarah Z made the Vanilla Protein Pancakes and said, “I have to say this was one of ‘THE’ best protein pancakes I have tasted and I have tried a few. I find with some recipes they leave you with this rubbery, plastic tasting pancake but was quite surprised that these tasted so good and that the portion was quite big so it was a good breakfast that certainly didn’t leave me hungry. I found the instructions were clear and precise, I also liked for the nutritional breakdown. The other good thing I liked about the recipe is the nutritional content is very balanced and included a good fat with the coconut oil. The pie chart is an added bonus for the those people who like a pictorial sample of the nutritional breakdown, and also the added bonus of a picture of the final product. All in all I found this recipe easy to follow, very tasty and I will certainly be making it again.”
I have a few more reviews in but I don’t want to bombard you with them all right now, let’s just say I’m a very happy girl with what I’m hearing back from people. I’ve got lots of confidence that anyone buying the book will find plenty things they like that will hopefully become some of their favourite go-to clean-eating dishes. That’s all I wanted when I started this.
I am still waiting on a few reviews to come back, so anyone who hasn’t sent their review in, please try to get it to my by the end of Wednesday, as I will make the draw for the free book on Thursday out of all those who sent their reviews in. I will contact the winner by email before announcing the result on here next weekend. Get cooking!!!
Next time I also hope to nail down a release date for the book, I’m just waiting on a few important things happening (including me finishing the book, ha ha!) and then I can set that date!