I’m not going to hang around in this post, I’ll just get to the point… these little dairy-free, gluten-free ice cream mini bites are utterly delicious!
Using cashews and coconut milk for the creamy base and adding a touch of rose flavouring, with a dose of superfood in the name of goji berries thrown in… this is the ultimate feel good treat with nothing to feel guilty about (unless you eat the whole recipe to yourself!!). Ooh I can see your mouth watering already! So let’s get to the recipe… so simple you can make it right now.
- ⅓ can thick & creamy coconut milk
- 100g/4oz cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (totally optional, or use a sweetener such as stevia or xylitol if you want to sweeten but save on the sugar)
- ¼ tsp. rose extract
- 3 tbsp. hot water
- 2 tbsp. dried goji berries
- Soak the goji berries in the hot water for a minute or two.
- In the blender add the coconut milk and cashews and blend until smooth.
- Add the rose extract, maple syrup and give another little blend.
- Taste and adjust rose flavouring if required.
- Add the goji berries (including their soaking water) then give a couple of quick pulses to blend in and chop into quite small pieces.
- Pour the creamy mixture into silicon chocolate moulds (I love my little heart moulds!) or just pour into a container and place in the freezer for around 4-6 hours.
Makes: around 24 individual chocolate-sized ice cream nom noms, or enough for around 4 treat-sized portions.
If you make the little individual nom noms like my hearts you can just pop one out of its mould and put it straight in your mouth anytime… absolutely divine!!! Or if you freeze the mix in a container, just use an ice cream scoop dipped in warm water first and get yourself a lovely scoop of this deliciousness.
If you don’t have rose extract, you can leave it out altogether and just enjoy the creamy cashew-coconut ice cream in its bare form. Alternatively, add some raw cacao powder, dark chocolate shavings and some peppermint flavouring and you’ve got mint choc chip! This mix is so versatile, just play with it 🙂
This is one of those days when I wish smell-o-vision and taste-o-vision existed! I hope you enjoy this as much as I am doing right now…