Here it is! The recipe I’ve been teasing you all with a picture of this week. These cookies are moist but slightly crumbly, sweet but slightly savoury and a whole lot of delicious! I’ve taste tested them on 3 people and as they’ve chewed into the cookie each person has had a similar reaction… “ooh, interesting… nice… ooh coconut… oh wait a minute… peanut… mmm… different… I like them!”. So I’m reporting that as a successful taste test and so now I present to you… Peanut Butter & Coconut Cookies.
I won’t beat around the bush with this one, I’ll just dive straight in with the recipe and pictures. Hopefully you will be drooling over the photos so much that you will definitely want to make these. And then you will taste what all the fuss is about for yourself.
Ingredients: (makes about 6 medium sized cookies – double recipe if you have a larger family!)
- 1/2 banana, mashed up with a fork
- 1 tbsp. organic runny honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, I used crunchy so that the final cookies would have little peanut bits in them
- 12 Vanilla Stevia Drops (see pic right) OR 1 tbsp. stevia powder plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 12 dark chocolate drops to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175C / 350F
- Line a baking tray with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Mix the wet ingredients (first 5 on the list) in one bowl and the dry in another (apart from the chocolate drops), then combine the two to make a dough.
- Take small pieces of the dough mixture and roll between the palms to make a ball. Squash into a flat cookie shape and place on the parchment/greaseproof paper.
- Continue making cookie shapes until all the mixture is used up.
- Push a couple of chocolate drops into the surface of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes, or until the cookies are a lovely golden brown colour on top. Do not over cook or burn!
- Leave to cool before trying to pick up or move or they will be too soft to handle!
So that’s it, here’s the obligatory photo show of the cookie making… look out for the little sad-looking cookie…!
Hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I have been doing this week! As usual, let me know via Facebook or leave a comment below…
Have a great week with healthy tendencies 😉